Thursday, February 25, 2010

let's catch up

so i realized i have COMPLETELY neglected my blog...but there are several legit reasons, 1. i was traveling..on a bus without internet for over a week, 2. i got food poisoning and was struggling to function for about 5 days, 3. i'm ridiculously lazy, 4. i've been pretty busy getting used to my new life down here...

HOWEVER, i have never once been too busy to miss every single one of you guys.

From the beginning...

on friday the 12th, the lovely Ma Pouncey (mel) drove me to the airport after a night of anxiety plagued sleep and gas. somehow or 'nother, and after a yard-sale at Hartsfield Jackson, me and my 100+ pounds of luggage managed to get checked in (after a few angry swipes of the dwindling debit card). After connecting in charlotte, i arrived in toronto (yes, Chile via Canada...makes total sense to me too) and the 8 hour layover commenced. i drank. a lot. and then got on the plane after a nice CFL player bought my drinks (score) and a fiesty old english lady bitched out Air Canada for me after they said i was on stand-by. we took off an hour late since the lovely chap across the aisle from me was considered too inebriated to fly after he threw up and fell on an old man.

5 free movies, a dead ipod, 4 (free) mini bottles of wine and 12 hours later my journey began and i arrived in chile, land of llamas and sea bass.


No comments:

Post a Comment